**Pictured Above: ‘Man In Black’, Sam Bradford**
Written By: Brian Place
This is our site’s first NFL mock draft, completed by our associate contributor, Brian Place. This is an extensive, quality NFL mock draft. Feel free to comment on it below. View it, debate it, be cool NFL fans.
SIGN UP AND JOIN THE NFL DRAFT DEBATE TODAY!!
NFL Draft Round 1
1. Sam Bradford, QB, Oklahoma – St. Louis Rams
2. Ndamukong Suh, DL, Nebraska – Detroit Lions
3. Jimmy Clausen, QB, Notre Dame – San Francisco 49ers (via trade with TB)
4. Russell Okung, OT, Oklahoma State – Washington Redskins
5. Gerald McCoy, DL, Oklahoma – Kansas City Chiefs
6. Eric Berry, DB, Tennessee – Cleveland Browns (via trade with SEA)
7. Derrick Morgan, DE, Georgia Tech – Seattle Seahawks (via trade with CLE)
8. Bruce Campbell, OT, Maryland – Oakland Raiders
9. Brian Bulaga, OT, Iowa – Buffalo Bills
10. Joe Haden, CB, Florida – Jacksonville Jaguars
11. Rolando McClain, LB, Alabama – New York Giants (via trade with DEN)
12. Dez Bryant, WR, Oklahoma State – Miami Dolphins
13. Jason Pierre-Paul, DE, South Florida – Tampa Bay Buccaneers (via trade with SF)
14. C.J. Spiller, RB, Clemson – Seattle Seahawks
15. Earl Thomas, S, Texas – Denver Broncos (via trade with NYG)
16. Dan Williams, DT, Tennessee – Tennessee Titans
17. Brian Price, DT, UCLA – Tampa Bay Buccaneers (via trade with SF)
18. Ryan Mathews, RB, Fresno State – New England Patriots (via trade with PIT)
19. Trent Williams, OT, Oklahoma – Atlanta Falcons
20. Mike Iupati, OG, Idaho – Houston Texans
21. Arrelius Benn, WR, Illinois – Cincinnati Bengals
22. Jared Odrick, DL, Penn State – Pittsburgh Steelers (via trade with NE)
23. Anthony Davis, OT, Rutgers – Green Bay Packers
24. Taylor Mays, ROV, USC – Philadelphia Eagles
25. Golden Tate, WR, Notre Dame – Baltimore Ravens
26. Brandon Graham, DE/OLB, Michigan – Arizona Cardinals
27. Terrence Cody, NT, Alabama – Dallas Cowboys
28. Tim Tebow, QB, Florida – Washington Redskins (via trade with SD)
29. Carlos Dunlap, DE, Florida – New York Jets
30. Geno Atkins, DT, Georgia – St. Louis Rams (via trade with MIN)
31. Everson Griffen, DE, USC – Indianapolis Colts
32. Sean Weatherspoon, LB, Missouri – New Orleans Saints
NFL Draft Trade Notes
1. SF sends #13 and #17 to use TB’s third overall selection for their franchise QB. TB uses the two NFL Draft selections to help rebuild the league’s worst run defense. It’s even according to the selection chart. The pick chart helps NFL teams determine selection value.
2. SEA selects Eric Berry 6th then ships him to CLE for Derrick Morgan (7th pick) and a selection in the middle rounds. SEA would be justified in drafting Walter Jones’ replacement at #6 if and only if Okung is still available. If he isn’t, they should either take a tackle with pick 14 (if and only if Spiller is not available), or wait until round 2, when Pete Carroll’s USC tackle Charles Brown may still be there. This is common practice in the NFL Draft.
3. DEN selects Rolando McClain at #11 and NYG selects Earl Thomas at #15. They swap players and DEN gains two late round selections. Giants Fans would love to grab McClain in the NFL Draft.
4. NE moves up into PIT’s 18th spot to grab Ryan Mathews before the Texans can get to him. PIT receives 22nd pick in the NFL Draft, a 2011 NFL Draft late round selection.
5. With Tate and Cody leaving the board at 25 and 27, SD moves down from 28 to 36 and WAS selects Tim Tebow after missing out on Bradford and Clausen. SD also gets WAS’s 3rd round selection in the NFL Draft. (And hopefully takes Nate Allen, Darryl Washington, Jacoby Ford, and Dexter McCluster with their four 2nd-3rd round picks.)
6. With Suh, McCoy, Dan Williams, Price, Odrick, Cody, and Dunlap gone, STL moves up 3 selections from 33 to 30 to get Geno Atkins, the last high-quality 285+ pounder left, before IND can get to him. IND responds by selecting Everson Griffen, a true 4-3 DE. In total, I have 11 D-linemen going in round 1, and 6 offensive linemen. 17/32 means that, probably for the first time ever, more linemen than skill players will be drafted in the 1st round of the NFL Draft.
What do you think about this NFL mock draft? Should Bradford go #1?
What should change in the NFL Draft? Which NFL Rookies will have an immediate impact?
Photo Credit: news.yahoo.com